Restylane Injections in Miami, FL
A Safe & Natural Dermal Filler
Restylane® is a safe and natural cosmetic dermal filler that restores volume and fullness to the skin to correct facial wrinkles and folds.
What Concerns can Restylane Treat?
Restylane is actually a family of dermal fillers, which means we can address a wide range of cosmetic concerns. When you visit our comfortable office in Miami Beach, your provider will spend time getting to know your desired outcome. They can then choose the right Restylane product or products to achieve them.
Each Restylane product has been designed to achieve specific objectives. These products include:
- Restylane. The original formulation of this hyaluronic acid filler has a relatively broad use. With it, we can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and creases like smile lines. Restylane may also be used under the eyes to smooth wrinkles and treat dark circles, or around the mouth.
- Restylane Kysse and Silk. These two hyaluronic acid fillers are lighter in density so are ideal for lip augmentation. With them, you get the volume you want without losing softness and natural appeal.
- Refyne. We may recommend Restylane Refyne for the correction of more moderate nasolabial folds around the nose and mouth.
- Defyne. This filler is also commonly used for nasolabial folds but may be better suited to those that are more severe.
- Lyft. Age-related atrophy can change the shape of your face. Lyft is the filler you may choose to restore more youthful contours at the temples, cheeks, or other areas.
How Long do Restylane Results Last?
In general, the results of Restylane treatment are expected to last six months to a year. There are several factors that may influence this, including the type of Restylane filler you receive and the natural speed at which your body breaks down the hyaluronic acid in the product. Some studies suggest that the results of subsequent treatments may last slightly longer. You can safely receive tough-up treatments as you notice lines and creases returning.
Do Restylane Injections Hurt?
Facial filler injections can be uncomfortable. The manufacturer that produces Restylane has included a small amount of Lidocaine in the filler formulation. This doesn't completely numb the treatment area but it does reduce sensation quickly. If you're concerned about pain due to the delicate nature of your treatment area, talk to your provider. We're happy to discuss the ways in which we can support your comfort during your appointment!
What Side Effects Might Occur after Restylane Treatment?
Most people are able to go back to work and most normal activities right after receiving Restylane injections. The side effects that are most common include minor redness, swelling, and tenderness at the injection sites. There is a risk of bruising, as well. We recommend avoiding blood thinners, such as aspirin and ibuprofen, before getting cosmetic injections to help reduce this risk.
What is Restylane® made of?
It is composed of non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid (also known as hyaluronan), a substance that is found naturally in the human body and is fully biocompatible. In fact, Restylane® maintains its shape using the patient’s body’s own moisture. As hyaluronic acid gradually degrades, each molecule binds to more water and over time, the same volume can be maintained with less hyaluronan.
Is Restylane® safe?
Restylane® has a highly favorable safety profile. It is composed of non-animal stabilized hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a substance found naturally in the human body. Restylane® is fully biocompatible. Unlike rooster-derived hyaluronic acids and bovine collagen products, Restylane® is free from animal proteins. This limits any risk of animal-based disease transmissions or development of allergic reactions to animal proteins. No allergy testing is required before use.